Feed the Need Food Drive
The Feed the Need food drive is a great way to collect donations and inform our neighbors about the work that Inter-Faith does.
It works in partnership with your local grocery store (store manager’s permission) and involves manning a booth at the front of the store. Then, you will inform shoppers about Inter-Faith with flyers and word of mouth in an effort to collect as much food as possible. The collected food is then brought to Inter-Faith and sorted in our food bank.
This event is a great way to see first hand how much food Inter-Faith needs and how community support is vital to meeting this need.
Here are the steps to get involved:
- Download and fill out the Food Drive Commitment form.
- Select a date, at least 3 weeks out, when 5-7 members of your group (including one adult supervisor) will be available for 3 hours to conduct a food drive.
- Contact the Manager of your local grocery store to secure approval to collect food at their store on your selected date at your selected time.
- Contact Inter-Faith at 303-789-0501 or email@example.com to inform us of your approaching Feed the Need food drive.
- The week of your Feed the Need food drive contact Inter-Faith again at 303-789-0501 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up of flyers to hand to shoppers listing needed items and those on sale. Inter-Faith can also provide signage and barrels for food collection.
- Return the collected food, signs and barrels to Inter-Faith Community Service weekdays between 8:30 am-3:30 pm. If you need to make arrangements to deliver collected food on the weekend please contact Inter-Faith at 303-789-0501 or email@example.com.
It’s that easy. Here is a flyer to download with the above information to share with your friends, family and colleagues.
Nervous? Here is what another group had to say:
“There were 7 of us and 4 of us had extreme reservations about soliciting donations from strangers, but by 2:00 everyone was feeling comfortable and really reaching out in a friendly way, whether or not people contributed. We felt really good about the outcome and felt that God had truly blessed our efforts.”- Debby Young.
Contact Inter-Faith Community Services today for more information on how you can make an impact in your community.