Integrated Family Community Services 3370 South Irving Street, Englewood, CO 80110-1816 Ph: 303-789-0501

3 Ways To Help Your Child Recover From A Slip And Fall Injury

Slip and fall accidents happen to people of all ages. If your child has fallen and is hurt, you need to concentrate on helping them to get better. While that process might seem overwhelming, there are steps you can take to help. Below are three things you can do to help your child to recover from a slip and fall accident.

Go To The Doctor

Slip and fall injuries can be very serious for children. There’s no reason for you to skip going to the doctor, especially if the child is complaining of pain. There are a plethora of medical issues that might crop up after this kind of accident, some of which might need a significant amount of therapy to fix. If you can get to a doctor quickly, you might be able to solve at least some of the problems before they get worse. While money might be an issue here, your child’s health should always be the primary concern.

Talk To Insurance

You should always make sure to talk to the insurance company of the responsible party as well as your own. In many cases, insurance companies will deal fairly with children even if they won’t deal fairly with adults. As most insurance companies don’t want to be known as the company that tried to haggle with a child, you’ll have a decent chance of being treated well. This will help you to free up more time and more resources to help your child get the help that he or she might need after the accident.

Call A Lawyer

Finally, you should consider calling an attorney. While a doctor might be the best person to whom might talk when it comes to your child’s health, you’ll often need other kinds of help when it comes to getting through the other stresses that come with a slip and fall injury. Consider consulting with a slip and fall lawyer when it comes to the legalities of the situation. It’s already a stressful time and getting a second opinion on an already stressful subject could help put your mind at ease.

Make sure you talk to the right people after a slip and fall accident. Talk to a doctor to deal with health problems, an attorney to deal with the law, and the insurance company to help get a fair settlement. While you can’t always be sure what the future will bring, these actions will set you on the right path. From there, you can focus on your child’s health.

Find Us on Social Media

Key Sponsors

Constant Contact Subscribe

Integrated Family Community Services is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Financial Accountability

IFCS’ Tax ID # 84-0579740